Research Summary Writing Tips
Many science majors are familiar with research summary assignments. Whether you are asked to summarize your own study or comment on the research of others, this type of writing requires an application of a specific format to ensure that you meet all significant points of an experiment during the writing process. Our team of hand-picked expert writers at BuyEssaySafe.com want to share our tips with you. However, if you want you can order your custom paper today to save yourself the time and effort!
How to write a research summary
Before beginning to write a research summary, you should follow these simple steps:
- Scan.In order to gain a good understanding of the material, you should scan the article you are to summarize and consider the main points and key concepts.
- Read the introduction. At the beginning of most academic research articles, you will find the thesis of the paper. Consider the hypothesis and how the results of the study support the author’s original intentions. Is the study statistically significant? The purpose and the intent of research are usually stated in the introductory section.
- Read and reread the research. The first step to writing a summary is reading your materials multiple times in order to ensure you have a clear understanding of what you should summarize. If you do not have enough knowledge or information about the research, you will not be able to write a quality and substantive summary. You can read your own materials and combine them with other sources in order to make your work informative and relevant. You should try to explain the material in your own words before beginning to write your research summary.
Tips for writing a research summary
- Use credible sources. These types of papers are subjective and should not express the personal opinion. Research summaries are based on facts and evidence. Hence, you should only use credible sources such as books, published articles, and journals for your research summary. Use updated articles and sources to ensure relevancy. Always keep in mind that new studies are being constantly released, so make sure that you are up-to-date with current research.
- Provide an analysis. A summary does not only reiterate information that you have read or learned; it also incorporates a critical analysis of information gathered. Apply your writing experience and knowledge during the research summary writing to help critically analyze the methodology used by the researchers with respect to the results. Regardless of whether you are writing a research summary or a critical analysis of the research, you should provide a thorough analysis of the research.
Our professional custom writers at BuyEssaySafe.com are able to assist with any research summary assignment, as we provide you only with exclusive quality output that applies all the requirements. We have top caliber writers that are capable of supplying you with superb work that will lead you to getting top grades.