Argumentative Essay Writing Tips
If your teacher has asked you to write an argumentative essay, but you do not know where you begin, you’ve come to the right place! You can try to write it yourself using these expert tips for crafting an excellent argumentative essay, or if you’re still unsure, we can help you by writing your paper for you. At BuyEssaySafe.com, we have the best professionals who want to share our argumentative essay secrets to help you reach all your academic goals.
What is an argumentative essay?
An argumentative essay is a type of essay that requires writers to look at a topic in depth, develop a stance, and collect evidence to support that stance as well as to challenge opposing views, and provide a clear and convincing position on the topic that may influence others to agree with the author.
Steps for Writing an Argumentative Essay
- Brainstorm. Collect all your ideas on a single page. You can use a brainstorming map or cloud to help you formulate your arguments. Think of as many points relating to your topic and what you would like to argue and write them all down (even if you don’t think you’ll use them in in your essay!).
- Develop your thesis statement. Now that you’ve thought more about your topic establish a clear sentence that describes your point a view. Make sure your thesis statement takes a stance on your topic and answers the question: are arguing for or against this topic?
- Write an introduction. Your introduction should capture the interest of your potential readers as well as present your argument in a very clear, brief and concise manner. To be able to grab your audience’s attention, make sure that you pick a topic that is relevant and controversial at the same time. Make sure that you possess a broad range of information about your topic to ensure that you can back up your arguments and contentions. Provide a brief outline of these arguments in your introduction.
- Develop your argument. You can start developing your arguments by starting with three major points that support your stance and writing a paragraph or two for each. Use the reliable information that pertains to your topic of choice. A powerful argumentative essay contains substance and rich information that cannot be contested.
- Refute other arguments. An argumentative essay must not contain only your own perspective. Rather, you must also include opposition to your arguments and explain why they are not valid. You have to discredit oppositions to write a powerful argumentative essay.
- Write a strong conclusion. Your conclusion should briefly summarize your arguments and remind readers why your point of view is the most correct. Try not to include new arguments or perspectives in your conclusion.
- Proofread. Argumentative essays are only successful if they are written using proper spelling, grammar, and style. In order to have any influence on your readers, you must apply all the mechanics of writing to deliver a trusted and convincing voice.
Argumentative Essay Tips
- Understand your purpose and audience. What is the purpose of your argumentative essay? Whom are you trying to convince? Some argumentative essays are written to provide the audience an immediate understanding of a particular topic by summarizing major points. If you are writing for an academic audience, you should use academic language and resources. However, many argumentative essays also contain perspectives that use personal experiences and opinions as evidence. If you are writing for a less formal audience, personal views can be very powerful.
- Use strong evidence. The use of strong and compelling evidence will establish your arguments considerably. If you can, use pieces of evidence that are hard to refute, such as scientifically proven data or peer-reviewed articles. This will improve your reliability and credibility.
- Focus on methodology. How are you going to collect the information you will add in your essay to support your views? Are you going to use research conducted by other people? Are you going to interview people with specialization on your topic? Your methods of collecting supporting information will determine the strength of your arguments.
BuyEssaySafe.com is the best essay writing service in the market, and we always make sure we complete your assignments on time and error-free. We are more than happy to help with your argumentative essay! Contact us now and connect with top-notch writers that can draft exceptionally written custom essays. Our customer support representatives are online 24/7 to answer your questions and guide you all the way.